Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
Have you been considering a complete facial rejuvenation? Men and women know that a youthful appearance can enhance one’s natural beauty and build self-confidence. A facelift may be just what you need, as an expert and natural-looking facelift is the best cosmetic procedure to improve visible signs of aging and restore your face to a more youthful look. A facelift is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat, tightens underlying muscles, and re-drapes the skin of your face and neck.
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons and facial rejuvenation specialists understand how the seasonal changes and harsh weather elements of the Midwest are especially hard on the skin.
Click here to view more Before & After Photos
Results may vary
During a facelift, also known as rhytidectomy, excess skin and fatty tissue around the jaw and neck is removed and the skin is carefully pulled back and positioned. Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah both have the surgical expertise and experience to help you achieve a natural appearance and not a “pulled-tight” look.
A facelift can help improve the skin, smooth out deep cheek folds, jowls and loose, sagging skin around the neck. Although a facelift will improve and enhance the contour of your face and jawline, Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah advise facial rejuvenation patients that a facelift will not correct sun damage or fine wrinkles that have developed on the skin’s surface. To treat these conditions, additional skin rejuvenation procedures such as CO2 laser skin resurfacing, FotoFacial®, CoolBreeze®, Chemical Peels and fat transfer may be recommended. These advanced services are all available at A New You Plastic Surgery and Laser Center.
A facelift can be done alone, or in conjunction with other facial procedures such as a brow lift, eyelid lift, facial fat transfer or nose reshaping. All of your aging and facial renewal goals can be discussed during your initial consultation with board-certified physicians, Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR A FACELIFT?
Typically, most facelift candidates are men and women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. In certain cases, the procedure can be performed on older individuals; however, best results are achieved with patients who still have relatively good skin elasticity and a strong facial bone structure.
IS FINANCING AVAILABLE?
Yes. We accept major credit cards, cash, or check. We also work with the financing company, Alphaeon® Credit. You may visit their website at https://d.comenity.net/alphaeoncosmetic/. We do not accept personal checks less than two weeks prior to surgery. To see our Financial Policy, visit our Financing page.
HOW IS A FACELIFT PERFORMED?
In preparation for facelift surgery, patients are asked to abstain from smoking prior to the procedure and during the recovery period in order to avoid complications. Also, consumption of aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs prior to facelift surgery is not recommended, since these drugs are blood thinners, and may lead to increased bleeding during the course of the facelift.
A facelift is performed under local anesthesia with sedation. You will be monitored by an anesthesiologist. The surgery lasts approximately three hours, followed by recovery which lasts approximate two hours. You will be able to go home the same day as surgery.*
We understand that scars are a concern; thereby, excess skin is removed through carefully concealed incisions in front of and behind the ears and in the hairline. Liposuction, or fat removal, is often performed at the same time to further refine your profile. The underlying tissue can be lifted to help restore cheek volume and treat the jowls. Frequently, we combine Non-Surgical facial treatments, such as CO2 laser skin resurfacing, FotoFacial®, CoolBreeze®, Chemical Peels and fat transfer to help create smoother skin, harmony and balance.
After about two weeks, most people find that they can return to work. As with any facial surgery, healing continues for six to nine months until every little irregularity settles and sensation in the skin and ears returns to normal.* A facelift can be done alone, or in conjunction with other facial procedures such as a brow lift, eyelid lift, or nose reshaping.
WHY A NEW YOU FOR YOUR FACELIFT?
You only have one face! Trust your facial rejuvenation surgery to a facial specialist.
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including facelift patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
If you are interested in learning how A New You Plastic Surgery & Laser Center can rejuvenate your face to a more youthful appearance with a facelift or other facial procedure , call our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons. Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. Shah to see if you are a good candidate.
Be a more confident you. Explore the benefits of Facelift surgery by contacting A New You Plastic Surgery & Laser Center today. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah or Dr. Samir Shah.
Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.