Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
The eyes are typically the first thing we notice when we meet someone new. It is often said that the earliest signs of aging are around the eyes. You may feel that the eyes looking back at you in the mirror every morning are old and tired-looking, or maybe people are always questioning whether or not you had a good night’s sleep because your eyes are swollen with bags. Eyes that are tired, droopy, or swollen may not reflect the true vibrant you!
Fortunately, cosmetic procedures can give you younger-looking eyes through eyelid lifts, also known as blepharoplasty.
WHAT CAUSES DROOPY EYELIDS AND BAGS?
A primary reason for droopy eyes is simply due to age. As everything droops, so do the eyebrows. As the outer parts of the eyebrows droop, the skin of the upper eyelids will look saggy, as if you had developed extra skin that was not there several years before. Trimming this “extra” skin can improve that droopy look.
Another reason for “tired eyes” is because of droopy eyelid fat. This fat is held back by a thin wall of fibrous tissue called orbital septum, which sags over time. The fat, held firmly back by this wall in youth can bulge with age, giving you “baggy” upper and lower eyelids. Eyelid lifts trim this extra fat and tighten the wall, restoring a youthful contour.
HOW IS EYELID SURGERY PERFORMED?
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah may elect to perform an eyelid lift alone or together with a facelift, neck lift, or brow/forehead lift. When done alone, the operation typically takes about one and a half hours for all four eyelids.*
The upper eyelid skin is removed through fine incisions placed in the upper eyelid creases. The fat is trimmed through the same incision. A fine suture is used to close the skin and is removed four days later.* The lower eyelid fat is removed through an incision on the inside of the eyelid, so there is no visible scar. This incision is safest, as it leaves the supporting muscles of the eyelid undisturbed. If there is extra skin of the lower eyelid, it is removed through a fine incision in a wrinkle just beneath the eyelashes.
At A New You Plastic Surgery and Laser Center, Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons and facial rejuvenation specialists typically perform this procedure at our AAAASF Certified Surgery Center in Oak Lawn, IL.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY PROCESS FOR EYELID SURGERY?
Recovery from eyelid surgery is complete within seven to ten days. A small amount of lumpiness is usual at the corners of the eyes. Minimal blurry vision quickly resolves. Sunglasses allow you to go out in public directly after surgery, and make-up can be worn within five days. Normal activity and exercise can resume three weeks after surgery.*
Sometimes eyelid lifts are combined with other procedures called endoscopic eyebrow and forehead lifts to improve the height and maintain the contour of the upper eyebrow. During your personalize consultation, Dr. Rajendra Shah or Dr. Samir Shah will discuss whether you might benefit from this combined procedure during your initial consultation.
WHY A NEW YOU PLASTIC SURGERY & LASER CENTER FOR YOUR BLEPHAROPLASTY (EYELID) SURGERY?
If you are bothered by loose and sagging lower and upper eye lid skin, a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) may be the answer to rejuvenate your facial appearance. Trust your facial rejuvenation to a facial specialist.
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including eyelid lift patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for an eyelid lift or other facial renewal procedures, call our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons. Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. Shah to see if you are a good candidate.
Be a more confident you. Explore the benefits of Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty) surgery by contacting A New You Plastic Surgery & Laser Center today. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah or Dr. Samir Shah.
Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.