Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
Ear reshaping surgery (also known as Otoplasty) adjusts the position, shape, and possibly size of the ear to bring balance to the face and be more aesthetically appealing.
Ear Reshaping Photos
Click here to view more Before & After Photos
Results may vary
Although otoplasty is usually a surgical procedure performed on children, it is also a procedure that can improve the self-esteem of adults. Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah appreciate that individuals may be concerned about their appearance at any age.
ABOUT EAR RESHAPING SURGERYFor children, it is recommended that otoplasty be performed while they are asleep. However, the procedure can be performed on adults with local or general anesthesia. Dr. Shah reshapes the cartilage into a more natural shape by utilizing special suture techniques. The surgery is performed via an incision behind the ears to decrease the likelihood of a visible scar.
EAR RESHAPING RECOVERY
Directly after the surgery and for up to three days, a large protective dressing is applied. Children are then given a headband to be worn day and night for two weeks. The headband need only be worn at night for an additional four weeks. The purpose of the head band is to protect the ears during healing from abrupt changes in position during the critical early healing period.*
Adults are also instructed to use a headband, though may select to wear it only at night once the dressings are removed. After two weeks, full activity may be resumed except for contact sports which require an additional four weeks of recovery.*
Initially, the ears may feel numb and look flat against the side of the head. Mild bruising is normal, but typically subsides within two weeks and healing should be complete within four to six weeks.* Discomfort post-op is normal and is usually controlled by pain medication. Patients should always follow their individual post-op care instructions.
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including ear reshaping patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for a Ear Reshaping, call our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons. Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. Shah to see if you are a good candidate.