Serving Orland Park, Oak Lawn, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
Breast lift surgery, also known as, mastopexy, can restore the contour of the breasts to a more youthful-looking, vivacious state. A breast lift effectively lifts and tightens breast tissue. Likely candidates who have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging should consider the breast lift procedure at A New You Plastic Surgery and Laser Center. A breast lift can also reduce sagging if it is too substantial to be treated with an implant alone or if the nipple-areolar complexes (pigmentated area around the nipple) are enlarged.
Breast lift surgery helps patients achieve a more attractive, feminine shape and contour, and better proportioned areolas. Often, breast augmentation surgery is performed in combination with mastopexy, using a specialized endoscopic technique for implant placement.
Breast Lift Photos
Click here to view more Before & After Photos
Results may vary
Breast lift surgery takes approximately one to three hours and is performed on an outpatient basis at our state-of-the-art, fully accredited surgical suite under local or general anesthesia.*
While Dr. Shah may provide several options for the placement of the incisions required for the breast lift procedure to accommodate your individual needs, generally the incisions are placed around the nipple-areolar complex and in the crease underneath the breast. During breast lift surgery, excess skin is removed from around the nipple-areolar complex and from the bottom of the breast. The nipple-areolar complex is then repositioned higher. The insertion of a breast implant, as well, may or may not be advisable during the procedure.
Since breast lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, patients go home in a bra with only light dressings over the incision lines. The bra is worn as a “dressing” for two to three weeks and sutures are usually removed in two to three weeks. Initial discomfort or pain is controlled with oral medications. Light activities may be resumed in seven to ten days; however, you should avoid mild or strenuous exercise for several weeks and should be extremely gentle with your breasts for at least six weeks following surgery.*
WHY A NEW YOU PLASTIC SURGERY AND LASER CENTER FOR YOUR BREAST LIFT?
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including breast surgery patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for a Breast Lift, call our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons. Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. Shah to see if you are a good candidate.