Laser Hair Removal
Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
Using the latest technology, we are now able to remove unwanted hair. The FDA has cleared the Light Sheer for hair removal and hair reduction.
Until now, the only options for removing unwanted hair were shaving, waxing, hair-removal creams, tweezing or electrolysis, and these are all temporary and painful. To achieve a satisfactory level of hair removal, 5-8 treatments are typically required.* This technique is good for underarms, face, legs, back and most other skin surfaces.
THE BEST CANDIDATES FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
The Light Sheer diode laser system safely and effectively treats all skin types (Fitzpatrick Skin Types I-VI), as well as, tanned skin. For darker skin types and people with tans, appropriate intensities are generally lower and appropriate durations are generally longer to prevent damage to the skin. Using appropriate treatment parameters, however, people with all skin types can benefit from laser hair removal with the Light Sheer.
Laser hair removal is an outpatient procedure with no downtime.* However, several treatments are needed because hair grows in three distinct cycles.
- First, the active or growth cycle (anagen); next
- The dormant cycle (catagen) and, finally,
- The fall-out or shedding cycle (telogen).
Laser hair removal is most effective during the anagen or growth cycle. Your hair is at different stages all the time, so the procedure must be repeated to “capture” hair when it is in the growth phase.
The pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser light and converts the light to heat. The heat, in turn, damages the follicle and destroys its ability to re-grow. With our laser, your skin is compressed and cooled with a patented contact-cooling hand piece, the ChillTip (which helps protect the skin). So you can see that in the right hands and with the right tools, the procedure can be very effective.
It’s important to remember that not all lasers and not all practitioners are the same. If you routinely need to remove hair with an “old fashioned method” it is time to investigate laser hair removal. This may be the answer you have looking for.
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including laser hair removal patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. Shah to see if you are a good candidate.
We invite you to schedule a consultation where we can discuss your cosmetic enhancement goals. At that time you will have the opportunity to review pictures of many satisfied patients. We look forward to hearing from you.
Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.