Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mastopexy, can dramatically reshape breasts that are too large or disproportionate, and can also alleviate neck and back pain, reduce skin discomfort and irritation from bra straps, thereby reducing self-consciousness.* Overlarge breasts can also result in severe overall disproportion in a woman’s body.
Women may also consider breast reduction surgery if current breast size causes breathing difficulties, poor posture or interference with normal daily activities and exercise.
Performed under general anesthesia, Dr. Shah performs breast reduction surgery in our state-of-the-art, fully accredited surgical suite, lasting approximately two to three hours.* Incisions are made similar to an anchor or inverted keyhole encompassing the area around the nipple-areolar complex (the pigmented area) and extended vertically below the nipple and in the fold underneath the breast. Excess breast tissue, fat and skin are removed where the incisions are made. The nipple-areolar complex may then be moved and/or repositioned to create the desired natural-looking breast shape and contour. Because breast reduction surgery is major surgery, some scarring is expected; however, should generally fade over time.
Breast reduction surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis. Patients go home in a bra with only light dressings over the incision lines. The bra is worn as a “dressing” for two to three weeks. As with the breast lift procedure, sutures are usually removed in two to three weeks. Initial discomfort or pain is controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be resumed in seven to ten days; however, you should avoid mild or strenuous exercise for several weeks and should be extremely gentle with your breasts for at least six weeks following surgery.*
WHY A NEW YOU PLASTIC SURGERY AND LASER CENTER FOR YOUR BREAST REDUCTION?
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including breast reduction patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for a Breast Reduction, call our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons. Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.
*Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Consult with Dr. Shah to see if you are a good candidate.
Be a more confident you. Explore the benefits of breast reduction surgery by contacting A New You Plastic Surgery & Laser Center today. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah or Dr. Samir Shah.
Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.