Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago & Surrounding Areas
Slight changes in the height of your eyebrows can have major effects on your apparent age and remarkable affect how your eyes appear. Many women pluck or wax their eyebrows in order to change the height of their brow. A high arched eyebrow is a sign of youth and can highlight your eyes and draw attention to them. A droopy eyebrow can hood your eyelids, draw attention away from your eyes, and is more typical of the male brow.
In men, the natural position of the eyebrow is slightly lower than women. This causes less leeway before droopy eyebrows affect the upper eyelids and not only draw attention away from the eyes, but may interfere with your peripheral vision. Droopy eyebrows in men often are a function, as well as a cosmetic problem. There are, however, increasingly more men interested in facial plastic surgery today. Care is taken not to elevate the eyebrows too much since too high an eyebrow can be feminizing.
The forehead and eyebrows make up the upper one-third of the face. A standard face and neck lift is really a lift of the lower two-thirds of the face and neck. A forehead lift is a facelift of the upper one-third of the face. It may be combined with a standard face and neck lift or an eyelid lift.
A forehead lift is recommended for people whose eyebrows have fallen with time and whose forehead has deep wrinkles. A forehead lift will improve the deep horizontal and vertical grooves on the forehead that develop after years of facial expression.
Often times we combine forehead lifts with blepharoplasty, and when the brows are positioned correctly it helps optimize our eyelid procedures.
Typical reasons men and women consider a neck lift is to: The vast majority of forehead lifts can be accomplished endoscopically at our AAAASF Certified Surgery Center in Oak Lawn, Illinois. Through three-four small incisions in the scalp, the deep grooves can be improved and the eyebrows elevated to the natural position. We use a special implant called Endotine to help stabilize the lift. Typical reasons men and women consider a neck lift is to:
Also, we can perform limited incision temporal brow lift for patients that just need to address the lateral third of the eyebrow. This is often times done under local anesthesia with the incision hidden in the hair line
The standard forehead lift, recommended for severe age-related forehead and eyebrow problems, is performed through an incision in the hairline of the forehead. The operation takes about two hours, and may be formed with you awake with intravenous sedation or completely asleep under general anesthesia. At the end of the surgery, small sutures and surgical staples are placed to close the incision. These are removed in seven to ten days. A small plastic drain is used to remove any accumulated blood overnight, and is removed the next day in the office. You are able to go home the same day as surgery.*
You will be able to return to work in ten days and will be able to resume your routine activities and exercise at three weeks. There is very little swelling or bruising, but you will notice some numbness in the forehead and scalp for several months. Most of our patients do not find this a major concern. Your improved look will be subtle to everyone but you. Many people say how well rested you look, or ask if you’ve changed your hairstyle. This procedure alone can make you look anywhere from five to ten years younger.*
If your forehead grooves are not too deep, or you wish to discuss non-surgical improvements, then perhaps BOTOX® Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin) injections or chemical peels might be for you. These are further discussed under Non-Surgical Procedures.
Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied patients, including eyebrow and forehead lift patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
Be a more confident you. Explore the benefits of Brow Lift surgery by contacting A New You Plastic Surgery & Laser Center today. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rajendra Shah or Dr. Samir Shah.
Call 708-424-3999 or contact us online.