Expert Neck Lift Surgery in Orland Park / Chicago
Have you heard the term, “turkey neck”? Often times, men and women come to A New You Plastic Surgery and Laser Center looking for improvement for their sagging and loose skin under the jaw line and neck. This unflattering term, “turkey neck” or, “turkey waddle” can be reduced with a plastic surgery procedure called a platysmaplasty.
What is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a surgical procedure that addresses wrinkles and sagging skin on the neck caused by aging or weight loss. The procedure removes excess skin, tightens underlying muscles, and improves the contour of the jaw line. At A New You Plastic Surgery and Laser Center, Dr. Rajendra Shah and Dr. Samir Shah, board certified plastic surgeons and facial rejuvenation specialists typically perform this procedure in conjunction with a facelift at our AAAASF Certified Surgery Center in Oak Lawn, IL, but it can be done as a stand-alone treatment. A neck lift may also be called neck rejuvenation, mini neck lift, suspension neck lift, or lower face and neck lift.
Listen to her talk about her experience at A New You Plastic Surgery and view her B&A Photos.
Results may vary.
Is Financing Available?
Yes. We accept major credit cards, cash, or check. We also work with the financing company, Alphaeon® Credit. You may visit their website at https://d.comenity.net/alphaeoncosmetic/. We do not accept personal checks less than two weeks prior to surgery. To see our Financial Policy, visit our Financing page.
If you have any questions concerning fees or financing, do not hesitate to ask. Our staff is here to help you.
Typical reasons men and women consider a neck lift is to:
- Reduce jowls and turkey neck
- Tighten facial and neck skin
- Restore a more natural and youthful contour to the face and neck
A neck lift may be the answer to rejuvenate and contour your neck.
A neck lift (open platysmaplasty) is a major surgical procedure that should only be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon as the neck muscles are tightened and the excess skin is trimmed. For patients with excess fat, facial liposuction or neck liposculpting is used to remove and produce optimal results.
During the recovery process neck lift patients experience some bruising and swelling which typically subsides in less than a month. Patients must wear a compression neckband for several weeks and restrict vigorous physical activities.*
Similar to liposuction where underlying fat deposits are removed, neck liposculpture goes one step further by also creating a “chiseled” appearance by adding definition to the new contour of your neck.
A minimally-invasive technique, liposculpting is a valid solution for individuals who want to cosmetically improve the look and feel of their neck area but do not want to undergo major surgery. This procedure is also sought after by those who want lasting results with less recovery and downtime.*
Neck liposculpting is effective in treating the following cosmetic neck concerns:
- Double chin
- Thick, full neck areas
Placement of incisions is dependent on each individual procedure, as improvements in the neck and chin may require different incision placements. A specialized cannula will then be used to aspirate excess fat without disturbing the nerves and blood vessels of these delicate areas.
Laser assisted liposuction is used to help tighten the undersurface of the skin during a liposuction procedure, or it could just be a laser resurfacing procedure that will tighten the skin externally. We employ similar technique as liposculpting, but the laser heats the skin to a controlled temperature which stimulates collagen to support skin tightening.
Oftentimes, patients have localized issues to the neck and do not want to undergo a traditional neck lift or the downtime of surgery. For these patients, we offer Laser Neck Contouring and Neck Liposculpting. While these procedures do not replace surgery, they can often times improve the skin quality.
If you are bothered by loose and sagging skin, a Neck Lift or Neck Liposculpture may be the answer to rejuvenate your facial appearance. Trust your facial rejuvenation to a facial specialist.
- Are both board certified plastic surgeons with extensive experience and skill in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Share a commitment to provide quality and compassionate care to their patients.
- Have thousands of satisfied facelift and neck lift patients (View gallery and reviews).
- Provide an in-office surgical suite that is fully accredited by AAASF
- Are both on staff at Advocate Christ Hospital. The office is located next to this premiere medical center.
DR. RAJENDRA SHAH:
- Completed his surgery residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, IL.
- Completed his plastic surgery residency program at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Is a long-standing member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons and Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Has made numerous professional presentations and authored several articles on plastic surgery.
DR. SAMIR SHAH:
- Earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
- Trained in general surgery and completed a plastic surgery fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
- Completed a one-year fellowship in hand surgery/microsurgery under the direction of world-renowned hand surgeon, Larry Hurst, M.D., at Stony Brook University, Long Island, NY.
- Has published numerous scholarly articles in medical journals.
- Is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Hand Surgery.
“Serving Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Chicago and surrounding areas”
*Individual results may vary. Consult with Dr. Shah to determine if you are a candidate.